Blvd-Square and I have been working on a cartoon since February that is very important to us. We are nearing the end of the animation cycle and we've decided to open up the music to a contest!
This cartoon is going to be seen by a lot of important people who have worked with as many musicians as they have animators, and will be sent to scores of festivals across the USA and hopefully beyond - and your name could be on it. And i'm not just saying this, it's going to happen! This would be a great chance to have your music heard by more than just onlookers, playing next to an animated short with a lot of work and care.
If you'd like a shot at this, I only ask three things:
1. you must have samples of previous work
2. you must be reasonably available to make the track within the next month or two
3. please understand you will be composing a track loosely synced to events in an already animated cartoon. it will be about 4 minutes long.
Ready to enter? Here's how it works:
1. Here are 3 screenshots of the cartoon: 1 2 3 . With these 3 screenshots, you can do one of two things: send a 5 or 10 second clip of what you think a soundtrack to this would sound like, OR a song you've made in the past that you think fits.
2. Send your clip or link to firstname.lastname@example.org, with some information about yourself, why you think you'd be best for the project, and some samples of previous work. You will receive an automated message if your submission was received. If you don't get one, feel free to PM your entry to me.
DEADLINE: September 28th, 2009(subject to change.)
TIP: we're looking for some lighthearted, adventure-y music. the original track we were going to use was this, which we have permission to use from Sega, but we'd prefer a more personal touch :).
Thanks to all of you! Jenna and I look forward to hearing from you.
NOTICE: we have chosen a winner and are no longer receiving submissions. winner will be announced soon.